Uncage, Reunify & Heal
A campaign demanding the Release, Reunification and Healing of migrant children still in ICE custody
Caravan for the Children Campaign is a national 100-day effort to demand the release, reunification and healing of migrant children still being held in ICE custody across the country. Organizers seek to hold all elected officials accountable to the Biden Immigration Plan.
We seek to organize, fund and implement a campaign focused on the first 100 days of the Biden/Harris administration. Spearheaded by a coalition of well-established San Francisco Bay Area artists, advocates and community-based organizations that are volunteering time, resources and talents to this effort, the campaign’s anchor organizations include CARECEN SF, Chicana/Latina Foundation, Galería de la Raza, Instituto Familiar de la Raza, and Latinx Racial Equity Project.
The goals for the Caravan for the Children campaign are:
- Increase awareness of the impact of current immigration policies and their traumatic impacts on migrant children and their parents
- Engage the community to endorse, support and get involved with our campaign
- Call on local officials to pressure legislators to prioritize freeing the children
- Activate immigration networks, advocates and allies to support the campaign
- Caravan to the San Diego-Tijuana border and to Washington, DC within the first 100 days to demand that elected leaders #UncageReUnifyHeal
We ask other organizations and individuals to join us in demanding justice for the children by sharing our digital campaign and joining our calls to action!
Caravan for the Children campaign denounces the recent reopening of detention facilities and urges you to join us in contacting members of the Family Reunification Task Force appointed by President Biden and elected representatives to prioritize and expedite the process to #UncageReunifyHeal the children in ICE detention. Detention centers by any other name are still detention centers!
What to say (feel free to personalize):
Hi I’m (NAME) from (CITY) and I strongly encourage (NAME OF REP) to support the campaign to #UncageReunifyHeal the children separated from family and still being held by ICE within the 1st 100 days of the Biden Administration.
PRESS & MEDIA
We have created a Media Toolkit for you to access our suggested messaging for social media, graphics, hashtags and talking points. Please feel free to use these tools to create awareness of this issue and to urge your local representatives to put pressure on the Federal Government to free the children!
Galería de la Raza
- Website: galeriadelaraza.org
- Instagram: @galeriadelaraza
- Facebook: @galeriadelaraza
- Twitter: @galeriadelaraza
- Website: carecensf.org
- Instagram: @carecen_sf
- Facebook: @CARECENSanFrancisco
- Twitter: @carecensf
Chicana Latina Foundation
- Website: chicanalatina.org
- Instagram: @chicanalatinafoundation
- Facebook: @ChicanaLatinaFoundation
- Twitter: @CLF_says
Instituto Familiar de la Raza
- Website: ifrsf.org
- Instagram: @institutofamiliarsf
- Facebook: @InstitutoFamiliardelaRaza
- Twitter: @IFRSF
Latinx Racial Equity Project
- Website: latinxracialequityproject.org
- Facebook: @latinoequity