Each year, the Chicana Latina Foundation awards scholarships to Latina college students, valued at $1,500 each. Our 2022 application cycle is closed. It will open on January 1, 2023.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for the CLF Scholarship:
- Self-identify as a Chicana and/or Latina
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or community college in one of the following California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, San Francisco, Sonoma, or Yolo
- Have lived at least two (2) years in one of the above Northern California counties at the time of application
- Community College and Undergraduate students must:
- Be enrolled in a full-time college student (as defined by your institution) when applying and for the following academic year,
- Have completed 12 college units after high school graduation, and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 college coursework
- Graduate students must:
- Be enrolled graduate/professional students completing course/thesis/dissertation; or have been accepted into graduate/profession school; and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 for college course work
- Commit to attending the CLF Leadership Institute (August 5-7th, 2022, December 2022, and February 2023)
- Commit to attending the CLF Annual Awards Dinner on January 2024
- Commit to volunteering 10 hours as a CLF ambassador before March the year after being selected
- Past CLF awardees may re-apply four years after receiving our scholarship. Please contact Angela Ortiz for any clarifying questions.
Supporting Documents Needed
- Submit college transcripts of all colleges you have attended as you are completing your current degree (can be unofficial)
- Due to student feedback, CLF has decided this year to waive the 2 letters of recommendation. As of April 6th , you will not need to send a request in order to submit your application.
- Graduate students must also include a Resume or CV (curriculum vitae a written overview of person’s experience and other qualifications)
For any questions contact Angela Ortiz, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com