Each year, the Chicana Latina Foundation awards scholarships to Latina college students, valued at $1,500 each. For the first time, we will have our application on-line beginning February 1, 2019 and closing on April 7, 2019.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for the CLF Scholarship:
- Self-identify as a Chicana and/or Latina
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or community college in one of the following California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, San Francisco, Sonoma, or Yolo
- Have lived at least two (2) years in one of the above Northern California counties at the time of application
- Community College and Undergraduate students must:
- Be enrolled in a full-time college student (as defined by your institution) when applying and for the following academic year,
- Have completed 12 college units after high school graduation, and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 college coursework
- Graduate students must:
- Be enrolled graduate/professional students completing course/thesis/dissertation; or have been accepted into graduate/profession school; and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for college course work
- Commit to attending the CLF Leadership Institute (July 2019 and February 1, 2020)
- Commit to volunteering 10 hours for CLF before March the year after being selected
- Past CLF awardees may not re-apply until four years after receiving our scholarship.